-
February 14th, 2003, 01:47 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Thought I'd start off a thread on folks' favorite online shops from whence to acquire manga/anime/CDs/other implements of addiction... ^_~
For CDs, my all-around favorite place is www.cdjapan.co.jp {English interface} and www.neowing.co.jp {Japanese interface}. There are things on their Japanese side that aren't on their English side, like full track listings for more albums, and their database was brilliantly designed so that if you find the album you want on one side, you only have to replace the www.XXX.co.etc part -- i.e. find an album in English, want to see the Japanese track listing, replace the www.cdjapan with www.neowing...
www.jpqueen.com is great for used manga, CDs, doujinshi, you name it. Their stock is constantly turning over, so check back often! ^_~
www.japan-manga.co.jp {used to be www.bookmart.com and www.bookmart.co.jp but got their domain sniped or something} is another used stuff store, but I don't like their search engine as well. While it's nice that they keep a comprehensive list of everything they've ever had in stock {you can find out about a LOT of doujinshi this way, including two pages each of Yami and HikaGo doujinshi! ^_~} it's a little discouraging to page through and see so many things out of stock, and there's no way to filter by "only show me what's in stock."
www.aestheticism.com -- also known as yaoi & shonen-ai resources central. {Or if it isn't it ought to be.} Manga descriptions/summaries as well as things for sale.
While I love the amount of data available at the www.animenation.com website, I've only had completely terrible experiences with them the two times I actually tried to order something from there. They took months and loused up both orders. So I still use them for information, but I actually buy things elsewhere. >.< {By the way, there's nothing at all wrong with them when you meet them live at a convention; they're one of my favorite shops at AnimeCentral in Chicago, and they don't sell bootlegs at all, only originals. Since I'd like to support the original artists, I stick with buying things that were officially released and do pay royalties to the creators, unlike Son May... but that's another rant. Suffice it to say that they're a good store in general, just apparently terrible at handling online orders...}
that's all I can think of off the top of my head; might come back and add more data later... ^_~
-
February 14th, 2003, 03:11 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Currently my favorite manga shop site is http://nikaku.com they are very good and very fast whenever I order. I especially like how I can simply call them up and order what I want since I really really dislike ordering stuff on the net.
And since I live in Ann Arbor my main place to get anime and manga is http://wizzywig.com not really the best of places(what's with all that american manga crap and japanese ceral that they sell ?_?) however they do get in some really really nice manga, by random! usually.
-
February 14th, 2003, 05:54 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Animaxis.com - huge range of well, desirable stuff, manga, merchandice etc. the whole damn site went AWOL for a while, now it's back. yay. Thought I was going to have to go over to the dark side and use sasuga.
-
February 14th, 2003, 08:41 PM
#4
Inactive Member
oOoOoO Shopping...=D
I get stuff from Aestheticism.com and ANIMAXIS too! And I absolutly love Nikaku...here are a list of other places I go:
Animebooks.com
Animecastle.com
Splash Pages Comics & Toys
Archonia.com
Sasuga.... boooo hissss XD
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ February 14, 2003 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>
-
March 6th, 2003, 06:00 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I just spotted that JPQueen currently has every Cain-related book in existence in stock at their store, including God Child 5. (If I'd known Sasuga was going to take 3 weeks I'd have ordered here instead...)
Link for all their Kaori Yuki stuff
Plus they've also organized a special subsection of doujinshi for Yami no Matsuei fans:
Yami no Matsuei DJ
In case anybody's interested... ^_^
-
March 10th, 2003, 12:34 PM
#6
Inactive Member
$2.50-$2.90 per manga x.X *dies*
i pay $6-10 (depends on series and publisher) for german ones and $15+ for japanese imports from a shop called tuttocomics in the swiss
-
March 10th, 2003, 01:10 PM
#7
Inactive Member
(nod nod) Gotta love used bookstores online! Of course, the shipping starts at like $13, so you need to order several things at once to be able to "distribute" the shipping cost over several items to make the cost per item less... but I love JPQueen...
-
March 10th, 2003, 01:50 PM
#8
Inactive Member
i have to figure out how to pay from germany
i never figured out if german banks know what a "international money order" is--
btw.. do you have to pay duty ?
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 10, 2003 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Kasai ]</font>
-
March 10th, 2003, 03:24 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Well... most places say they want an international POSTAL money order (from a post office). I assume German post offices do that but am not sure; I know American and British ones do...
I don't know about paying duty but I don't imagine so; at least I don't remember reading anything about it on their site.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks